(1a) interpersonal relationship can be defined as a strong, deep, or close association or acquaintance between two or more people that may range in duration from brief to enduring. This association may be based on inference, love solidarity, regular business interactions, or some other type of social commitment.
1bi) Patience: This is the ability to be calm and not be quick to provocation.
- ii) Honesty: This is the quality of being truthful and upright in your dealing with others.
iii) Tolerance: It is the ability to accept others the way they are. Always remember that no two people can be exactly the same.
- iv) Make others feel important. Show to them how much you care
3A) A responsible parenthood is simply defined as the “will” and ability of parents to respect and do the needs and aspirations of the family and children. It is the ability of a parent to detect the need, happiness and desire of the children and helping them to become responsible and reasonable children.
- Teaching morality: Good citizens need to be people who act according to moral principles. Rather than being selfish or trying to deceive each other, they ought to deal in a kind and upright way with each other. Part of a parent’s responsibility is ensuring that they bring up the next generation of citizens properly.
- Teaching social interactions: Being polite, making friends, and reaching out to others are all important things in society. Parents can teach children to be comfortable when socializing from an early age.
iii. Budgeting and finances: In order to keep the economy of a given society going, the citizens need to have good control of their finances. Parents can help to get their children into good financial habits early
- Showing children the ropes: A responsible parent will teach their child how to move in society: how to pay for things in shops and get the correct change, for example, or how to take public transport.SECTION B
The Following are the functions of NAPTIP
-To coordinate of all laws on trafficking in persons and related offences; the law prescribed ten years imprisonment for trafficking of children and forced begging or hawking and ten years of life imprisonment for sexual enslavement. etc.
-To adopt measures to increase the effectiveness of eradication of trafficking in persons;
-To adopt witness protection measures;
-To enhance effectiveness of law enforcement agents to suppress traffic in persons
WAEC CIVIC EDUCATION 2017 ANSWERS
7a) CONSTITUTION: A Constitution can be defined as a book or document that contains the rules and principles by which a state is governed. Constitution a body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed.
7b) ARM OF GOVERNMENT: The Constitution sets out how our nation is governed and creates a system that separates powers between different branches it consist of Executive, Legislative and Judicial.
7c) POLITICAL PARTIES are a key ingredient of the democratic process. They are formed on the basis of a particular ideology and those who subscribe to it join and become members of the party. A political party will have one principal objective, and that is to attain the power to govern.
7d) FREEDOM OF THE PRESS is the freedom of communication and expression through vehicles including various electronic media and published materials. While such freedom mostly implies the absence of interference from an overreaching state, its preservation may be sought through constitutional or other legal protections.
7E) THE ARMED FORCES The Nigerian armed forces have been engaged actively in the process of governance from way back. The military in Nigeria have become a destabilizing factor in the sustenance of democracy.
7F) CIVIL SOCIETY is the “aggregate of non-governmental organizations and institutions that manifest interests and will of citizens”. Civil society includes the family and the private sphere, referred to as the “third sector” of society, distinct from government and business. By other authors, “civil society” is used in the sense of the aggregate of non-governmental organizations and institutions that manifest interests and will of citizens or individuals and organizations in a society which are independent of the government.